Yellow Bird Project has been teaming up with a number of brilliant bands since 2006 to create exclusive T-shirts that have raised funds for a number of charities. Among these bands have been Bon Iver, The National and The Shins – quite a lineup, we’re sure you’d agree.
Now they have turned their attention to compilng a compilation album of covers by bands, who have supported Yellow Bird Project, performing covers of other supporters of the charity called ‘Good People Rock’. Among the tracks we’ve got to look forward to are Dry the River playing Metric and Keaton Henson playing Beach House, but below you can hear Andrew Bird’ beautiful take on the New Pornographers’ ‘Fake Headlines’, a traditional folk version complete with violin. Remarkably restrained compared to the original, it’s a really stunning piece that is fully deserving of your time.
To finalise the album and pay for its artwork, mastering, marketing and distribution, The Yellow Bird Project is asking fans to contribute funds via their <strong>Pledge Music campaign. Anyone who does will not only be entitled to a treat – CD and vinyl copies of the album are both available, as well as poetry zines and T-shirts – but they will also be supporting a very special music-based charity.
Good People Rock’s tracklisting:
1. Andrew Bird – Fake Headlines (New Pornographers)
2. Hayden – Family Tree (TV on the Radio)
3. Elvis Perkins ft. Alec Ounsworth – Mexican Ritual (Alec Ounsworth)
4. Whispertown – Give A Little Love (Rilo Kiley)
5. Micah P. Hinson – Not One Bit Ashamed (King Creosote)
6. King Creosote – Take It In (Hot Chip)
7. Alec Ounsworth – How’s Forever Been Baby (Elvis Perkins)
8. Keaton Henson – Take Care (Beach House)
9. Dry the River – Satellite Mind (Metric)
10. T E Morris – Much More Then That (Sharon Van Etten)